Friday 11 January 2013

Triplets? What's That?

Let's start with the boring stuff - My name is Holly I'm married to Matt, have been for 4 years. He's awesome and the love of my life and all that jazz blah blah blah. We were having fun you know travelling, seeing the seven wonders of the world. I'm just kidding. We just bought a house. You think we can afford that? 

Now for the not so boring stuff - We are going to have a baby triplets. Wait, what? Triplets? No. I did not read that right. Triplets means three babies. I'm not having three babies. Nope. Not happening. Sorry wrong person. There are not three babies in my stomach. I am not having triplets. Wait, what is this you tell me? I am having three babies? No, no that can't be right. Are you sure you counted right? Three? I'll believe it when I see it. 

Yeah, I'm a little lot in denial about this whole triplet thing. Matt thinks it's awesome and has had rainbows, puppies and unicorns flying out his ass. He's not the one that's going to get fat and swollen and who's not going to be able to sleep on her stomach and is grumpy all the time and pukes her guts out every 10 minutes and who is a really good complainer. That's me. Yes, me. I'm a really good complainer. Just a warning. 

I decided to make this blog so in five years we can look back and see how nervous we were we can look at our three little bundles of joy and see where it all started from when I wake up I'll be able to read this back and laugh my ass off. 

Seriously. I am not believing this triplet crap.


1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog...and I have two year old triplets, a one year old, and another baby on the way (23 weeks)...all girls. Let me first say that having triplets is, yes a lot of work, but trust me it really isn't that bad! I was on bed rest from 25 weeks, had LOTS of complications and delivered at 32 weeks and 2 days, with an extremely bad delivery. I would have done anything to keep those babies in my belly for however long I needed to. I didn't care about the bed rest, eating my heart out or the constant contraction monitoring, and terbutaline pumps. I would do it all over again in a second if it meant healthy, happy little babies at the end. My girls are two identical and one fraternal, 3lbs. 14oz (the twinies) and 2lbs 15oz (fraternal). They spent awhile in the NICU and when they came home it's just been me and my husband taking care of them (when he isn't at work). And it's very manageable, with practice, patience, scheduling and lots of preparing and organization. You have to be willing to always work as a team. There are so many wonderful things that I honestly believe having multiples makes life easier, as I have seen with so many of my mom friends who have just one baby. My girls are very independent and play together, not all clingy and "don't leave the room" type kids. I lobe that they have had to adapt and learn from the very beginning. It's such a blessing and SO MUCH FUN! My hubby and I always joke and say how boring our life would have been to just have one kid or just have one at a time. We love having multiples (and a big family) and hopefully you will too. :) If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask! The triplet community is very tight and we all learn from each other and those who have been through it before us! Please check out my blog too...Mr., Mrs. and 4 Little Misses

    Take care of yourself and drink lots of water and eat, eat, eat! The more you eat, the bigger and healthier your babies will be! I wish I would have eaten more...even though I did gain 85lbs, it all went away in a few weeks and made my babies healthy! Ok, I swear I'll stop rambling!!

    ReplyDelete